;D


Wednesday, October 27, 2010

October 27, 2010 Temple Square

Kamusta Po!
Yep, still with my Filipino companion, Sister Belleza! Usually sisters will stay together only 2 transfers but we are in it for 3! We must either have a lot to learn from each other because we are so bad or we are a powerhouse! I will try to think of the latter. Anyway I was really excited. Before they announced who our companions were I got really nervous and realized that I didn't want to leave her and I was afraid of getting someone else! But then they said we were staying together so massive relief came. To be honest I just didn't want to split our area book, haha jk, but seriously she would have taken Clare and I wanted to keep her.

This last week has been really busy with transfers, moving and Sister Belleza's birthday! She said that if I told anyone she would kill me, so I only told half the mission. She turned 29; maybe that's why she didn't want anyone to know about it. To celebrate we ate at the Lion House - soup bread bowl with clam chowder and veggies, doesn't get much better than that! She missed having her birthday on P-day by 1 day, so we counted that as celebrating. We watched the movie UP! for our Zone activity and then went to Heritage Park for their Haunted Village. It was so much fun. For some reason I got stuck in the middle of three Sisters who were clinging to me because they were scared. I tried to convert all of the zombies and mass murderers that we passed but they weren't interested. (Oh man, I am sure they loved having Sister missionaries come by.) I settled with telling them that I would do their work for them, but it doesn't even feel like Halloween. It is freezing though. It snowed the other day for the first time so I knew that it was the beginning of the end. The Square is getting really slow; we are lucky if we talk to 1 "guest," aka non-member, and invite them for missionaries. We have miracles though! They are here for a reason right? We talked to one kid from Slovenia, showed him around, but he didn't seem interested at all. I think he even scoffed when I told him the story of the seagulls. Anyway, at the end we both bore our testimonies about the Book of Mormon and he said, "Sure, why not? You say you have answers, I'll listen" Ok! Great! Another lady we found taking pictures of the Assembly Hall. We took her inside and started telling her about the building. She immediately changed the subject and asked us deeper questions. She was a research biologist so I decided just to be straight up with her. She was searching for the truth but was hesitant. So I just said, "This book contains the fulness of the gospel about Jesus Christ. Everything we need to know is in this book. Why don't you want to read it?" She sighed and then said, "Fine, send your missionaries over." Bam! One thing I have learned is that you have to bear your testimony and then just be bold. We have the truth so why do we need to be afraid of it. Sister Belleza and I need to work on not agreeing when people say, "Every religion gets you to heaven so why does it matter?" We are always like, "Yeah, yeah. Oh, that is so good" NO! THAT IS BAD. So this last time when someone said that we just responded with, "Yes, every religion has basic truths but they don't have it all. That is why this Church is so unique. It's because we have it all!"

But transfers = crazy! We have a party though. It starts at 7:30 a.m. and we sing; the Sisters who are going outbound read their mission calls. They also have contests. The departing Sisters make a dance to any Disney song as their final hurrah. It is like Girls Camp -- only we are older and more spiritual, haha. But we are screaming and filming every moment of it. Then president talks to us about what he wants us to work on for this next transfer and we get our new assignments and moving times. We persuaded our zone leader to let us move first so we could get the best room in our new apartment (and we did by the way)! Anyway we are still in the teaching zones which makes me so happy! Honestly, this is the best zone ever! We get to see both sides of the fence and help people progress. There are so many people out there who are just waiting to change their lives and so little time! We better get calling people... Well first, we need to clean our apartment. It's really gross. Anyway love you all! Until next week! Send me clothes! *cough* What?

No comments:

Post a Comment