;D


Wednesday, December 15, 2010

December 14, 2010

Pershendetje! which means "hello" in ALBANIAN! I have a new companion and she is new as well. Yes, I am training! I have no idea why since I will surely ruin her whole mission, but just the same, cool! She has decided that she is going to cook gourmet meals every night (which will change, I promise you) but until then I am getting many jealous looks from Sisters as we eat our Albanian food and they have their Wonder Bread sandwiches. But when I cook for us she doesn't eat it. She doesn't like American food. She has never had a taco either! That was fun. I have had to teach her how to use the stove, microwave, washing machine, toaster and how to use a computer. It is frustrating at times to explain everything but she will be an expert by the end of the transfer!

We have seen lots of miracles though! It is really hard to give a tour by myself. She doesn't know the history, the doctrine (she is a convert of three years) or English very well so I have had to carry all of the tours. After a few days she has started picking up the phrases and history so she gives her input every once in a while - which is wonderful! I can see how she will be in a few weeks and I am excited. But we took these three kids around and they came to learn the history of the place. The two guys were very talkative and the girl was quiet. Whenever I bore my testimony or explained a principle I looked at her since I figured she was more open. But all three of them referred! It was amazing. Then we contacted into this Australian guy - note, I have NEVER gotten a referral for Australia the entire time I have been here (Sorry Matt). But I talked to him and he said that he wanted to know more of the doctrine of this Church. He intended to read the Book of Mormon too. So I said, "Well, the best way to learn the doctrine is to meet with missionaries!" He referred! Yay Australia! We are teaching him too! One last miracle; since it is Christmas time we are swamped with members. It is INSANE. I felt like we should talk to this one couple and when we asked if there was anyone we should call, the lady said, "Call me!" I was really confused and she said that she wasn't a member and would love to learn more. Best contact ever. We are teaching her too!

Oh and our investigator from the UK, Alex, went to church on Sunday! Yes, that is a BIG deal. Hopefully we will find good people like her this transfer too.

Can't wait to get this transfer rolling. Lots of changes since the entire mission is now teaching over the phones. But I have learned how much we need to rely on the Lord because I don't know what I am doing and yet they expect me to teach and find people. But life is good and we go to bed exhausted at night; 10,000 people come to temple square every hour at nighttime to see the Christmas lights. Lots of people to talk to!

Anyway we have to go but more stories to come! Miss and love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment