;D


Wednesday, November 16, 2011

November 11, 2011 (11-11-11)

Bonjour!

Obviously the titles of my letters are very exciting BUT this means that my companion speaks French! Now enters Sister Tahi from Tahiti! I can't wait to go visit all my old companions, just hand over the Credit Card Dad, I need to go all over the world to see my friends - yes I am that popular. But we had transfer conference on Monday to find that Sister Mata'utia and I were splitting. We were so sad to split because we had so much success and fun together but we knew that it was too good to last for 2 transfers. But my assignment for the rest of my mission is VIP bus tours. I guess I didn't do a good enough job last transfer so I am doing it again. But more specifically I am now training the Senior couples to do it so we will see how this ends up. They are all really funny and energetic so this could work, I am excited to have the Bus Tours start up for the Christmas season again. Let the insanity begin! We might have a meeting this Tuesday with Church Hospitality to confirm the transition from them to us to handle all the scheduling.

Other than that Sister Mata'utia said goodbye to everyone at Welfare Square. It was so sad because we have grown to love all the volunteers that work there. One of them even called President Holmes and said that she received a revelation from God that we needed to stay at Welfare Square... yeah I guess it didn't work because I am still not at welfare square. Brother Goodrich even came up to Sister Mata'utia and I and said that he would be sad to see us go, we worked really hard and he could tell. Aww I felt special.

But this transfer I am back on the Square! Weird... I haven't really been on the square in 5 months. It has slowed down a lot but in a few weeks the lights will turn on and it will be just as crazy as general conference! Sister Tahi and I get along great and I am excited to work with her. Ok well before I go one quick miracle story. So we were calling our investigators and couldn't get a hold of anyone! So we said, "Maybe we are supposed to do something else... lets do chat right now" So we logged into chat on mormon.org and immediately we get one. He is from Ghana and he found a book of Mormon and a restoration pamphlet on the ground. He read the whole thing and said, "I know that this church is Christ's church restored on the earth again!" We just stared at each other for a moment and then asked him... "sorry...what?" He said that he read the Book and that God told him it was true and he is willing to leave his family, friends, and home behind to follow Jesus Christ and be baptized. Ok... is this real?! Yes it is. But he is Muslim... so we can't teach him but he has a rough road ahead of him if he wants to pursue this. We keep in contact through e-mail and keep him in our prayers. One day everyone will be able to have the gospel without being hindered by biases, religions, or opposition. Until then, we just have to keep doing our best to help people overcome their concerns. Well until next week!

Loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment