;D


Wednesday, June 29, 2011

June 26, 2011 (22-years-old today!)

Hi Everyone!
This week was great! (But I always say that, don't I?) Well, it started off kinda slow with my companion, Sister Perez, getting the flu last Tuesday. We were on the Square and she kept saying she didn't feel good. My first instinct was to pull a Dad and say, "Well, suck it up and get back to work!" But I have learned Christ-like attributes on my mission and asked if she wanted to run to the bathroom real quick. She turned around and started speed-walking to the nearest bathroom. Well, 20 minutes later we were at home; she was sleeping and I made a huge to-do list. I wrote 8 letters, cleaned the apartment, made food for the week, made cinnamon rolls and went running for an hour. Very productive day! I told her she should get the flu every week... she didn't appreciate that.

Wednesday morning we were asked to give mission training on motor coaches. How to be a good contactor (helper) to the Sisters giving the tour. Funny, since I have only contacted once this whole transfer! But it went great and Sister Perez was able to assist in giving training while still being under the weather. She is awesome! Thursday I got a message from a former investigator that we found through Mormon.org chat. We had to drop her because we could never get a hold of her. But she left me a message saying that she and her husband were baptized on June 21! Upon reading her message I began screaming and everyone was staring at me. Sister Perez didn't understand the message so she had no idea why I was screaming. Ha ha, looking back, the whole scene was probably really funny to watch.

Saturday was a LONG day. We were on the Square most of the day and let me tell you, my feet hate me. But we took a tour with Elders from the Salt Lake City South Mission (Spanish) and their investigator was golden. When I was talking to the Elders they were really sad because they couldn't baptize him. They found him knocking doors and he is on vacation! So we got his information and we will send it to the missionaries in San Francisco and teach him until they get there! Then we had to cover the desks (my zone is in charge of desks) because all of the Sisters in my zone speak languages that are very in demand. There is a Baptist Church being built up here so they are all taking mission trips to Salt Lake City. I meet a lot of them at the desk. These really good-hearted members brought a whole entourage of them, looking very excited, and said, "These kids have so many good questions and they want to go on a tour!" *Fake smile* Oh! Thank you so much! Ugh, charity and love.

But yesterday was my birthday!!! Actually it was completely uneventful and I kept forgetting it was my birthday. Anyway everyone has been telling me "Happy birthday" today because some Sisters decorated my door this morning. We can't do anything like that on Sundays because it is against the mission rules. So everyone knows now. But we had a good day none the less: took two motor coaches (one group asked about everything from polygamy to garments and thought our matching shade shirts were them and met a lady who really wanted to know if the Church was true. So good! We took lots of Spanish tours and went home for an 8 p.m. dinner and made green pudding... hey we need to do random things to keep us entertained.

But today I am celebrating by going to the zoo and then shopping. Can life get any better? Oh, food is missing. Don't worry, we are going out for lunch and getting frozen yogurt later. Ok, gotta run but love you all! Thanks for the birthday wishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment