;D


Monday, June 6, 2011

June 6, 2011

Hola Familia!
Estos bancos son de pino blanco, pero los pioneeros los pintaron para que luieran como roble! And for those of you who don't habla Espanol, all of that was Spanish for "These benches are white pine but the pioneers parined them to look like marble." Ha, I love having a Spanish companion. Anyway this week was interesting because we had a lot of mission training and exchanges. For about two days I was not with my companion that much (weird). But we had leadership training where we focused on what we can do to help the Sisters. We also talked about how we can correct disobedience and role-played it... weird but handy because only in this mission does everyone watch every move you make. Skirts too short? Go home and change. Standing in large groups and talking? Gotta split them. Not working? Gotta tell them to shape up and move along. Yeah, we role-played all of those scenarios. But we also have a new "inviting model" to meet with missionaries. Should be effective. I will let you know how it goes.

So motor coaches with the new referral cards - fail. BUT with small groups it works. So when the APs called and asked me how it went I told them my opinion. Yeah, that went no where. Come on! I thought I had some power! Reality check, nope. But we will get together and discuss what we can do to make it work.

We took around an amazing family the other day. They were all Navajo, VERY inactive (as in baptized at 8 but never went to church), and here to see the sights. The mom came up to us and asked what it meant to be baptized. So cool! I got to teach baptism on the Square! I had the little girl read Mosiah 18:9 and talked a little about what it meant. We took them to the Christus and then to the North Visitors Center basement to watch President Uchtdorf's testimony of Christ. We invited them to meet with missionaries again and the mom said yes! And to bring a Book of Mormon in Navajo. I used the new inviting model on a guy in their group and he said, "no." Next step: Why not? So he couldn't think of a real answer so I kinda pushed for him to meet with the missionaries. I felt kinda bad after like maybe I pushed too hard but Sister Perez talked to him later and he was really excited to meet with them! So some people just need to be pushed... or shoved, spirit-filled, of course.

Lately a lot of Baptists have been coming to the Square and best of all they have been my favorite tours. Since they are very centered on Jesus Christ they are very spiritual. The entire time we just spent building a common ground but without fail they always say, "So, there is just one thing that I don't understand" or "Ok, here is a direct question and I hope that you are not offended...". Please get a new line. What shocked me was one kept going on about all the evidence for the Bible and so I asked, "If there wasn't any evidence for the Bible would you believe it?" He said No! Wow. Talk about no faith; bunch of doubting Thomas' over here. Anyway, some are looking to start churches here in Utah to save our souls from Hell. They really don't beat around the bush. Anyway it is those tours that I get to really summon my authority as a missionary and bear a simple testimony that Jesus is the Christ and that he loves us. They have nothing to say and so they go back to what they were talking about earlier. Their loss. I am here to find those that are willing to act on what they feel.

So after the many anti... Baptists that come I will leave you all with this statement: I know that Jesus Christ is our savior; he loves us, and he died so that we can go home one day. His church is restored on the earth again today and by that we can find truths we are seeking. Love you all! Happy June Birthdays to Scott, Blake, Tyler and Lindsey!

No comments:

Post a Comment