;D


Monday, May 30, 2011

May 30, 2011

Hola Familia!
Mi nombre es Hermana Nelson de California! So transfer conference came and went and I got a complete change. I am not in the office anymore (which I was both very sad and surprised at because I really grew to love working there) but I am now a District Leader (what were they thinking?) and I am on the Square ALL day. I hurt everywhere. Walking and standing all day really does a number on you and I have been sitting down for the past three months. My companion is Sister Perez from Uruguay! She is AMAZING. She couldn't speak English when she got here but you couldn't tell now just talking to her. She is such a fantastic missionary and works really hard. We have a lot of fun together and we take lots and lots of Spanish tours! I am actually picking it up so if I have Spanish-speaking companions from here on out I should be able to hold a conversation. I also make up a lot of words and she isn't offended so I can tell this is going to work out just fine. She even laughs at my jokes which means we will get along great!

But it has been crazy this past week. The Square has really picked up and we are so busy we don't time to eat but that is fine because when we work this hard I don't feel that hungry (amazing, I know). I am so glad I was in Guest Services these past few transfers because it has made my transition to DL super easy. Delegation, problem solving, and staying on top of doing 100 things at once. Yeah so glad I was prepared for this. What is hard is focusing on the Sisters. We meet with them weekly and discuss their concerns and goals. After I met with the ZLs and listened to the other DL in my zone who was going really in depth about everyone and I looked at my tiny paper with "they are good" on it and decided that I needed to look deeper. Why was I raised in a guy household!? In my mind if they have problems they should suck it up and work harder BUT I am learning a lot of charity and love, and I am not that mean. Don't worry. I really do care; I just have to learn how to dig deeper. I love all the Sisters in my district. They gave me two Sisters who are training so I hope to help them with anything that they need. Our assignment on the Square is covering the desks. Personally I love the Desk because you see lots of miracles but most Sisters don't feel the same way so we are focusing on that for our District Meeting.

We were also asked by the APs to pilot a new referral card for motor coaches so it has been a busy week! We get picked first for motor coaches (I love them) but we tried out the cards and they were horrible. They are attached to a DVD so all they care about is the DVD and they don't fill anything out. So we are going to keep trying new things. The Church is looking for ways to save money and we were giving them the DVD with the card attached and a regular referral card. So more updates next week on how it goes.

Miracles! We took a motor coach with people from the United Kingdom, Australia and the United States = hard. It was Sister Perez's first motor coach so I was praying for miracles and good experiences so she would enjoy them. At the end only 1 guy referred; he is Jewish and he lives in Australia. Random.. but we will take it! We took this CRAZY family around from Venezuela (hear that Devin??!) They all hadn't seen each other in 20 years and they were loud (apparently that is how it works in Mamucho (I have no idea what the town's name is). But they were so hard to control and Sister Perez is so soft spoken so I was yelling, "SO THE TEMPLE IS...." She translated. But it was really great and one lady was hanging onto every word that Sister Perez said. At the end one of the family members, who is LDS, stood up and bore his testimony. I didn't understand everything but I could feel the Spirit so strong. The lady practically grabbed the card from Sister Perez. Yay Venezuela! I am so excited for this transfer- my feet are not but it should be interesting finding balance to my schedule, the Sisters and my companion. It will be a growing transfer that is for sure! Miss you all! Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment