;D


Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Karly Sighting in Utica, New York

Dear Bev:

It was so amazing seeing your daughter on Saturday. There were several hundred workers sent to our town to help with the relief effort. I was a team leader and they were going to assign the sister missionaries to me but then assigned them to another person. We worked the morning and then after lunch I informed the organizers of another need at the museum. I said I would take my team there but actually they assigned it to the team with the sisters. So we were working across the street. When we finished we went over to help at the Museum. I was talking to the sisters and asking where they were from and I was like no way, when your daughter said Rancho Cucamonga. Then she asked if I knew Craig and Beverly Nelson. I said, "Sure, they run the bookstore." She was so surprised. We talked about a lot of things and about my son who just got back from Spain. It was really fun. Catha and I were going to take them out to dinner today so Catha went to the Temple and we were going to get together for dinner. When I called them to get a time they said they were leaving early so we would have to do lunch. I asked a friend who works in their area to come with us. So it all worked out. Turns out that Catha gave them a referral. Catha works front desk at the Courtyard Marriott in their area. They visited the young lady and gave her a Book of Mormon. We had a nice visit at lunch. She does know Catha’s sister, Summer, and remembers Jack Morgan. I told her she would have to meet Megan when she returns to Salt Lake. She said she probably would not be able to, but I said she graduated from the Y with a Landscape Management degree and just started working on the Temple Square grounds crew yesterday. She was like, "Sure, I am sure. It will be easy to find her since they are mostly guys." It was so fun to talk to her. When I was the ward mission leader I loved having sister missionaries. I miss not having them now. Tell your daughter I appreciate her service. They can touch hearts that the Elders just cannot reach. I would have told her but my friend talks a lot and kind of takes over conversations. Enjoy the pictures.



No comments:

Post a Comment