;D


Friday, September 30, 2011

September 30, 2011 Temple Square

Hi family!

So I made it alive to Temple Square!!!! Life is fantastic! I didn't realize how much I missed Temple Square till we were up and talking to everyone in our path. I think I bore my testimony in an hour more than I did in a day back in New York. Just a different pace; work is the same. Funny Story: The night I flew in all these members were coming up to me at the airport wondering where my companion was and how terrible it was that I was alone. Uh... are you kidding? This is awesome! But after all of their concern for my well being while I insisted that Sisters would be waiting for me at the baggage claim.... no Sisters were there. There was a family who was bringing their daughter home from her mission in Spain and they were talking to me trying to figure out whom I could call to have someone pick me up. One problem - none of us had cell phones and it was 11 p.m. Yeah.... but don't worry! I started walking the sidewalks and out pops Sister Despain! We threw my stuff in the car and headed home. I was so glad they were there as I was on the verge of a heart attack. Yeah, being alone. Awesome.

I am in the Extended Zone at Welfare Square!! My companion is Sister Matau'tuia from Australia (Samoan= awesome) but our assignment is unique. They have put us in charge of bus tours. It is a new thing. Basically we are church hosting but missionaries. There are large bus groups that come in and pay extra money to get V.I.P treatment. We are in charge of greeting them, taking them places, giving them tours, etc. It is similar to when I was doing my thing with motor coaches before I left for outbound, but on steroids since we can do VIP groups and stuff. I am amazed that President Holmes trusts me do be the face of the Church. They were going to have only Zone Leaders do it but decided to make it a specific assignment and chose us to do it. I guess I am happy or something, because I love holding microphones. We also get CELL PHONES. It gets really hectic when you have 10 buses coming in at once. Also we can trump the schedules from the Zone Leaders and Guest Services. Kind of a big deal! Oh and the BEST part is (drum roll) we get fed lunch everyday at Welfare Square and dinner at the Lion House (if we want) when we take those groups through. We did it last night and the Sister just said, "Put this on Tiffany's tab." Oh, I am living the high life!

I am so excited to be comps with Sister Matau'tuia! She is in her 4th transfer and has had a difficult time with comps because they never work hard. So we have had 1 day together and have decided that this is going to be an awesome transfer. Everyone told her that "Sister Nelson works super hard; you both are going to tear it up!" So my fame precedes me. It feels so GOOD to be back on Temple Square.

We had a huge mission meeting the morning after I returned and everyone ran up and hugged me and it was great. I felt really loved. Even Sister Holmes ran up and gave all of us returning Sisters a hug. But here is the catch, 40 sisters are going outbound! Everyone is leaving!!!! I feel so alone because I don't know a lot of the Sisters anymore. Since the mission meeting we have just been getting ready for General Conference and our mission goal is 7,000 member referrals and we are ready to hit the ground running. Anyway that is my update! Gotta run, I will e-mail Saturdays so look for me then. Enjoy Conference!

Goal #1: Make Conference Ensign.

No comments:

Post a Comment