;D


Wednesday, January 12, 2011

January 11, 2011

Hello!
So this week went by so fast! This coming week is the last week of this transfer so everyone is getting excited for the transfer conference that is coming up; making predictions about who is going outbound (I wouldn't be surprised if nobody is, they are stopping the program anyway), who is going to be with who, etc. It is also sad because the sisters who are leaving I am really good friends with. Oh well, life goes on. But the major events this week was service! We went to the Utah Food Bank and sorted cans. They would bring a box that was over 5 feet tall and 5 feet wide full of cans! We set to work and cleared out 3 of them in 2 hours! Oh yeah go Sister Missionaries. Other than that it was normal missionary work. Half days on the square and half on the phones. We called our investigator from Austraila who hasn't heard from the missionaries (I sent that referral a month ago - Matt I am blaming you for not making the system more efficient 14 years ago) so he just read the whole Book of Mormon. No big deal. Love those people. And another investigator we had who lives in Temecula we had her call the bishop for missionaries and they were there that night! She has a baptismal date January 23.

So weird story for the week: We talked to this family by the Jerusalem Map in the North Visitors Center. The Uncle was completely anti and right when I had the thought that I needed to get away asap this random guy pops up with a Scottish accent and says, "Hello! I'm Joshua McGravy!" The family was weirded out so they left but we kept talking to him. Very long story short, he wasn't from Scotland but Utah had a girlfriend who was a member of the church but her parents wouldn't let her marry anyone who wasn't a member. He felt that he needed to come to Temple Square. At first he said that all religions get us to Heaven and the whole time I was waiting for some amazing saying from the Spirit to let me know what to say to help him. Nothing amazing came but we just talked, through some bible scriptures back and forth, asked some deep questions, paused, you know all of the good things to do when praying for the spirit to do all the work. Then he stopped and said that he has actually met with many missionaries before, but nobody spoke with as much conviction as Sister Sulollari and I had. Then I found myself saying (so cliche sounding on e-mail but it was awesome so go with it) "Will you be baptized into this church by someone holding the priesthood authority of God?" He said you already know my answer but I responded with "Yeah but I just want to hear you say it" he said YES! I never thought I would get to say that sentence on temple square. He will visit after he is baptized. So cool I love being a missionary. Anyway thanks for all the love, miss you all! Until next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment