;D


Wednesday, January 26, 2011

January 22, 2011

Hello Everyone!
So my new assignment is the Humanitarian Center! So Tuesdays and Thursdays we are there all day giving tours! I am so excited because 1) they feed you but more importantly 2) The spirit is so strong there because we are telling stories all day on how people selflessly help people. It inspired me to want to pursue humanitarian trips after my mission. Africa needs a lot of help, Mom you can come with me! Ha ha *cough* anyway. But we wont be on the Square that much at all this transfer, maybe five hours a week which is crazy but I am so happy because when I first got here I thought that I wanted to go outbound between January and March because it is so dead on the Square. I got my wish! I don't think I will ever go outbound since they only sent out either Sisters this transfer and next transfer has General Conference and then it is summer so this is my outbound! I think that I will miss the Square, but I am so excited to be where I am at.

The Sisters that came back from outbound this transfer are struggling to get back into the swing of things here. Outbound is more chill while here it is "Go go go!" So they feel overwhelmed and give each other pep talks a lot. They all love outbound; they say it is amazing to have investigators and teach people but nothing beats Temple Square when it comes to teaching people all day.

Anyway Humanitarian Center: So we will have a whole new script to "memorize" which has lots of facts and stats. When we have no tours we do service all day! I am going to get so good at sewing. We will also do the night tours so when youth groups come in we will help them with service projects and give them a tour as well. But we will help them make quilts, put emergency kits together, stuff like that. The food is only at lunch time but it is free! I can't wait to not have to only eat peanut butter anymore. Funny thing: when you walk into the kitchen during meal times on the Square nearly every sister has a huge jar of peanut butter. It is a constant debate on which is better: crunchy or smooth. Crunchy by the way.

Our investigators are doing well. Hard to get a hold of but now we can text them and so we get in contact with them a lot more. Hard to have a lesson via texts so it is more like "Did you read Moroni 10?" "Did you pray?" We have a baptism tomorrow and I am excited to call her to see how it went! She lives in Temecula too! But other than since Tuesday not much has happened. We actually have roommates now and they are amazing cooks. One of the Sisters is all about working out. I joked that we should go running at 6 a.m. and she was like "Sure!" I got really excited. Keep you posted on all of that and the Humanitarian Center! Till next Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment