;D


Wednesday, January 5, 2011

January 4, 2011

Hello Family!
So it is amazing how up to New Year's the square has been crazy with over 7,000-10,000 people coming through the gates every hour. Then *poof* lights go off and we are lucky it seems to even make it to 1,000 a day. Good thing we have the ability to teach people over the phones for half the day or life would be really hard. But the other day we dubbed it "Albanian Day" Because everyone we talked to had connections to Albania. First we were walking outside the Temple and this family stops us and asks, "Hey do you have any Sisters from Albania?" Um... I pointed to Sister Sulollari. They got all excited and said that they had a family that she needed to teach because they didn't understand! An hour later we ran into a girl whose husband was from Albania. His parents lived here too but they were now inactive. She said that she would bring them for a tour. Then a family from Albania wanted a tour. She hasn't "passed off" yet in tours but we took it anyway and they referred to have missionaries. So she was really happy.

Other than that we didn't celebrate New Year's really. We were going to have a mission party but it was so busy on the square that they cancelled our "Talent Share" and it was like any other night. At midnight though we all woke up due to the fireworks, poppers, screaming, and insanity outside our windows. My companion was really sad because I guess they have a big celebration in Albania but we didn't do anything- so she was a little homesick. I have tried looking for Albanian stuff here in Salt Lake and unfortunetly there is nothing here. So go Wal-mart! But we did get our "Talent Share" sisters danced or sang songs from their native cultures. It was so cool to think that I have friends from all over the world. Some of them don't have much of a church to go back to but I know that they will be such a strength to their countries. Some sisters left the mission and become the Relief Society Presidents because there is no one else.

I wish there was more to report on this week but this week has flown by! Nothing major happened. It is amazing how fast time is starting to pick up. January 7 is my 6th month mark- when did that happen!? I just got here. I heard it only goes faster too. Lately as we have Holidays I think, "I will be home for this next year" and then I get afraid and I have a small panic attack. But oh well I will just keep working and forget about it. Anyway Happy New Years Everyone!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment