;D


Saturday, December 17, 2011

December 16, 2011

Hello Family!

This is so sad! I can't believe this is my last letter home! I just got here, didn't I? As for my last week on the mission it was awesome. It started off with Luna's baptism! I am so happy for her. Arriving at the baptism I gave her a big hug and said, "You look so good in white!" Then it reminded me of that line from The Best Two Years and I felt dumb... especially when everyone laughed at me... awkward. Anyway, not important, the Spirit is. But she was so happy and she practically jumped in the water; after they baptized her she came up screaming. At first we were like, "Wow, she must be excited!" But after she told us the water was cold, ha ha. The brownies served after the baptism were fantastic! Big and still warm.... ok, just kidding Mom. Lubna looked so happy and as if she had just had a huge weight lifted off her shoulders. That is what the Gospel can do for us, if we let it change us everyday.

We had great miracles on the Square this week too. With the Christmas lights it brings in so many members but for some reason we were finding all the non-members on the Square. We contacted these two kids by the eternal family painting from Southern California. They told us that they were atheist and agnostic and had a hard time believing on something just because everyone else said it was true. Because they were science majors I showed them Alma 32:27 about experimenting on the word. They liked that part. We followed up with Moroni 10:4-5, then invited and they both referred! The only thing they knew about the Church was from South Park and that everyone else will go to Hell because the Mormon Church is the 'correct church'. Good thing South Park got it right!

We also met a man from Algeria. He spoke French better than English so Sister Tahi took over on that one. Within 5 minutes of explaining what the Book of Mormon is and how we are the original Christian church he also referred. We were so excited (I was more excited that Sister Tahi did it herself without my help!) and then realized that 1) he is Muslim; 2) he lives in a Muslim country and 3) The Church isn't in Algeria. So sad!!! Kinda a bummer but he felt the Spirit and he knows about mormon.org. It is all we can do now. Stupid Satan!

Other than that snippet of miracles this week I had all my departing stuff. First I had my interview with President Holmes where he read of list of things to do to stay active. I guess it is a big problem. He also gave me a new temple recommend that only lasts 3 months to force contact with my Bishop. Second we had our temple trip today. It was full of reflection of my mission and the realization that this is now a springboard for the rest of my life. I am so happy that I made the decision to go and the impact it has and will make on my life. I never want to leave but I know that my time is up. I want to close this last letter with a scripture that inspired it all and has defined my entire mission:

"Yea and from that time until now, I have labored without ceasing that I might bring souls unto repentance; that I might bring them to taste of the exceeding joy which I did taste; that they might also be born of God, and be filled with the Holy Ghost." Alma 36:24

I know this Church is true. I know that Jesus is the Christ and that He suffered for us, so that we might know the joy of our redemption and the lasting peace of eternal life. I know that His Church is restored on the earth again. And nothing is more important than this Gospel. May we recommit ourselves everyday to “waste and wear out our lives in bringing to light all the hidden things [from] darkness.“ I love you all so much. Thank you for being great examples to me. See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment