;D


Sunday, December 11, 2011

December 9, 2011

Hi Family!

What a good week! It was even busier on the Square and thankfully my body seems to have adjusted to working our schedule until 10 p.m. -blessings from heaven, seriously. But we were spoiled this week by being able to attend the Christmas Devotional on Sunday. We were seated right where all the apostles walk by to take their seats. All the international Sisters were trying to shake their hands. If that were me the Brethren would have taken one look at my American flag and ignored me. Why can't I get away with that like they can?! It's because I look American, isn't it? That's it! Next time I am looking Asian; I think that could work. But it was great to listen to the First Presidency speak about the importance of Christmas. I really like this whole missionary thing, not feeling guilty for being overly concerned with the materialistic side of Christmas because my focus is on the correct reason for the season. Gotta love it.

We talked to some amazing people this week on the Square. One was a man from the Democratic Republic of the Congo. He joined the Church 20 years ago and was one of the first ordained priesthood holders there. He has moved to India and is helping to build the church there too! Something about Africa but it has followed me my whole mission. As we talked to him I thought about all our investigators in Liberia who have no access to the Church. My heart aches so badly as I think about how they have no way to get to Church and no missionaries, except us calling them. BUT a miracle happened this week, by which we received contact information to a member in Liberia who is a ward mission leader. He said that he would tell the mission of Bong Range (that is the city we are teaching) and see what they could do!!!!!!! AHHHHHHH! It isn't much but it is a step in the right direction. We couldn't have been happier.

As for Sister Tahi and I, we made yet another trip to the doctor, not for me this time but for her. She has this weird allergy to the cold and her skin gets huge itchy bumps when we are outside for too long. Long story short the doctor wrote her a prescription to "Stay inside." Wow, I could have written that one. Hey that just means we cannot be given assignments to be outdoors for too long!

Tomorrow one of my old investigators is getting baptized! She lives in Salt Lake so guess who gets to go! I can't think of a better way to end my mission than with a baptism. Lubna is amazing. We met her at Welfare Square and she is just so ready to make these steps in her life. She needs the peace that comes from the gospel and she needs the direction. I am so proud of her. She has had a really hard life. But to make this decision when your whole family is Muslim takes courage. Well, off to this next week. Gotta make every moment count!

No comments:

Post a Comment