;D


Sunday, December 11, 2011

November 25, 2011

Hi Family!

Happy Thanksgiving... yesterday! We had a blast here in Salt Lake City- the Square closed early so we all went over to Noahs, a party/reception center for big parties. We went to the same place last year and I was happy to be back. As soon as we arrived I, of course, ate some snacks then headed over to dominate on the volleyball court. It was Polynesians versus the French speakers + me. Because we didn't keep score I’m not sure who won but I will just admit it was probably the Polynesian Sisters. You don't mess with them; they were screaming battle cries the entire time. After I was on stage helping direct the mission for line dances (thank you stake dances). Finally we were able to eat catered Thanksgiving food, nothing like Mom's but that is ok. Last year I thought it was terrible but this year I thought it was wonderful. Same food, maybe I am just more grateful for what I can get. Look! Progression!

The anticipation for the Christmas lights to come on has been building all week. Tonight is the night they turn on so from here on out p-days start at 10 a.m. and end at 5 p.m. Not a fan of morning p-days but eh what do you do? We are given assignments every hour just to make sure that every area is covered. Unfortunately we are stationed at the reflection pool for a couple hours at a time - I might not live to see Christmas. If I don't make it, just look for me, a frozen Popsicle by the pool, and take me home.

We had a busy week but there is one story I will share with you all. On Sunday Sister Tahi was announcing for French tours after Music & the Spoken Word. I was praying for a French tour since we haven't had one yet, but nobody came up for one except a man who was telling her all about his going to France. In my mind I thought, "Heavenly Father this ISN'T what I prayed for." He was here for the Physics Conference and at first I didn't want to take him around but then decided to offer. Turns out he was golden! It was so neat to ask him questions then sit back and let the Spirit do its job. We were in the NVC basement talking about prophets and how it just makes sense that there would be prophets in the Americas. Then he looked at me and asks, "So in your beliefs or does it say somewhere in the Book of Mormon that God would call a prophet today? Like, why would we need one?" I pondered for a moment then asked him, "So do you believe that Adam was a prophet?" "Yes." "Do you believe that God revealed to him what we need to do to live with God?" "Yes... Oh! I see where you are going with this! So if we only needed one prophet then there would be no reason for Moses!" And just to add the frosting to the cake I showed him Mormon 9:9 that God is the same yesterday today and forever. Bam. He was so excited. But like Preach My Gospel says most concerns are like icebergs where only the tip is visible. Yeah only after we showed him President Monson’s talk and he was sobbing (Sister Tahi and I looked at each other like, oh yeah, he feels the spirit) when, with face in hands he said, "My girlfriend broke up with me because I don't have faith!" Yada, yada, yada, yeah all of a sudden it got awkward. Uh.... Gospel? Missionaries? Thankfully he referred but man that was uncomfortable. Ha ha, good times as a missionary. Solving concerns one broken heart at a time! No faith? We can change that.

Well, life is about to get crazy so off we go to talk with members. All million of them that come in one month! Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment