;D


Sunday, February 27, 2011

February 19, 2011

Hi Everyone!
So, want to hear about my miracles this week? No? Too bad. So we were asked to cover the Beehive House the other day. Kinda scary because I have only given two tours there - to 3-year-olds which means we would just say "This is where Brigham Young slept!" But on a mission you roll with the punches so we went. Had some time to call our investigators and so we called a guy in Nigeria. Not only is he progressing BUT he is going to church on Sunday. He also said he wants all of his family to know about this (he apparently forwards our e-mails to all of them) and is going to give us a bunch of people to call!!! Yay Africa! Right after that we got a tour. One lady was a member and the other wasn't. Whenever we would even bring up gospel topics the member would just stare at us like "Please don't offend my friend". Tough lady, we are here to share the gospel not give into Satan! *cough* Obviously I am frustrated with unsupportive members at the moment who cost us referrals to send out. Anyway it was an interesting tour. Sister Sulollari forgot the whole script so I was just talking the whole time. At the end we asked the non-member to put her information down for missionaries and she did! She said, "Yes, I have been curious and I have questions." Take that member! Anyway miracles at Beehive House - apparently they never get referrals there.
But other than that we called our investigators and we finally have a solid teaching pool. It took a while but we got some good ones! We called one guy in Provo and at first he was weirded out by us calling him and talking about prayer but by the end he opened up. Then we called this 65-year-old lady who is going blind in the south and she was so good! She said that she would do anything we asked her. When we prayed with her she kept saying, "Amen.... Hallelujah... Amen Lord..." needless to say it threw me off a bit.
We had a chance to do service too! We went to
Heritage Park and cleaned out the drug store. We dusted all the bottles and shelves. It took forever but the place was shinning after! AND I saw two deer - Dad you owe me 50 cents! I am waiting for it in the mail next week. But life is starting to have a twinge of excitement: General Conference is next transfer and this transfer ends in a week and a half! Crazy I feel like I am always saying a new transfer is coming. I have been here five transfers so far- when did that happen? But the Square is picking up and life is good. We are just finding and teaching who will listen to us. Oh and we took this guy on a tour the other night; he was amazing and he asked the best questions. He didn't refer because he wants to study things out for himself but he said that he has a lot to ponder and is excited to know for himself if this Church is true. Bittersweet moment. Oh and thankfully I was not on the Square much during Valentines Day but I heard that there were many proposals going on - seriously people? Temple Square? Lame place. Humanitarian Center is still great! Food is still good! I hope that I get to serve there next transfer. We only have three more times to go! Anyway gotta run to our zone activity at the Church History Museum! Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment