;D


Sunday, February 6, 2011

February 5, 2011

Hi Family!
So I thought I would just tell you all how life is going! It is going well; life at the Humanitarian Center is great! I love it there. I am hoping that they will keep me there as well but I think that is highly unlikely. But we have the opportunity to take around so many people and talk to them about how the Humanitarian Center has helped others. It is very inspiring. The senior couple there is the Neisbetts and they are hilarious! They have served 2 or 3 missions before this one. One was in Africa during a civil war and they have really cool stories. Sister Neisbett exaggerates everything and Elder Neisbett sits there and chuckles, saying "Ok, that isn't how it went"; your stereotypical older couple. I want to go on a mission to Africa! But speaking of Africa we had an investigator meet with missionaries and today we found out that she got baptized! We actually called her during her baptism... awkward, but oh well. They all passed the phone around so I talked to her dad and the missionaries.

Anyway back to the Humanitarian Center, so when we don't have tours we do service. We are tying quilts (I learned the back stitch by the way), making balls, sewing puppets and making school bags for children. Food is still good too; can't forget about that. I am so glad to be here because at Welfare Square if they don't get tours they sit in a room and study all day, which is cool and all but not everyday. Talk about not feeling like a missionary. Also I get to talk to all of the people who volunteer and work there and everyone has such interesting life stories. Why didn't I realize this before my mission?! All I want to do is talk to people. Many of them there are refugees or immigrants from other countries. Sad that work comes before that though.

We took a tour and it was basically a Mandarin tour since a girl was translating the entire time. But the cool moment was when I said that we had a living prophet and she said, "Really? A living prophet?" I was so surprised because she didn't seem to care about any other comments so I just said, "Yes." Yay for redundancy; I am so good at that.

But this last week really was a growing one for me. A lot of realizations and a lot of humbling experiences. We all need those once in a while. But I learned that as we keep trusting and relying on our Heavenly Father He will make up the rest. Just try your best and nothing else matters. Sorry the letter is short! Time is limited; until next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment