;D


Thursday, July 15, 2010

July 10, 2010 MTC

Hey what's up! Sister Nelson reporting in! Anyway, life is good! I am doing well and it is awesome here. The spirit here is so strong and I could feel it as soon as I got out of the car. Yeah sorry Mom, I know I practically ran away from you and Dad but I was just really excited. I just dropped my stuff off and got my stuff and ever since then it has been non stop studying and learning the gospel. I wonder why I didn't dedicate my life to doing this stuff earlier. But that's ok. I am over it since I now have the next 18 months to do this. It is hard, I will admit, but it's a different hard than I was expecting. I am super tired all day long... until it's 10:30 p.m. and lights out. Then I just can't stop thinking about gospel topics or ways to talk to people. It's bad and I decided that I have issues. The food... sucks. Yes, we banned that word as a district but I feel it appropriate at this time. Really it is. Pizza Thursday has been my favorite day so far. But we wake up, eat, then study till noon, then eat, then study till dinner, then eat, then gym time! Well technically gym time changes every day but it's always after a meal which is really unfortunate for my stomach. Luckily my companion, Sister Pielstick, likes to exercise too. It was a companionship made it heaven. They also offer an Aerobics class at 6 a.m. I get up at 5:45 a.m. everyday just to go exercise, then get ready so I can be at our classroom by 7:00 a.m.
But I love the other Sisters in my district; we all get along really well. We all went to BYU and so we know a lot of the same people. The Elders in my district are awesome as well. We decided yesterday that we are the coolest district in the MTC because we are all pretty much amazing. These Elders are going to Raleigh, North Carolina. Oh there are 27 Sister missionaries going to Temple Square that came to the MTC on my same day. Sometimes when we meet different Sisters they are also going to Temple Square so we all act like girls and squeal with excitement. Oh I know EVERYONE here. I see someone new that I know everyday and the Elders in my district always cough and say "Popular!" I just smile. None of these guys went to BYU which is the only reason why I know all the teachers. I know a lot of Sister missionaries too from my previous wards. Oh I had to get a tetanus shot. They want them renewed every 5 years and I got mine 6 years ago so you are going to have to call the MTC and ask about paying for shots. I think it was $43, sorry. I put on a show and they gave me a sucker and a cookie, oh yeah, way to work the system. Anyway I don't have much time but a couple things I need: A backpack (seriously I have sooooo much to carry), a watch. Oh they made me senior companion and I need to be on top of time so a watch would be appreciated. I left my pentel 8 marking pencil at home!!! So should I buy one or should I wait for you guys to send me it? If you send packages, granola bars would be nice since we never eat except at meal times and can you send me one of my journals. I gave you one too many.
But I love it here, it's hard but it is wonderful at the same time. I am always smiling and laughing. I have this love for everyone I meet. It's kinda weird. Maybe it's just me seeing people how our Heavenly Father sees them but when I teach people I have this desire to let them know about the gospel and how it can make them happy. Gah, I just want to get to Temple Square!!! MTC is cool and all but I am ready to go... ha that's a lie. My lessons are terrible.
Anyway, I love you all more than 1,000 In-N-Out burgers
Sister Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment