;D


Friday, July 16, 2010

July 16, 2010 MTC

Hey everyone!!! One week down and three to go. Life is good. Really busy and scheduled but it’s not that bad. I love the spirit that is here and the inspiration that just comes to me; I now get what Kyle said when he mentioned that the inspiration didn't come as much when he got home. Anyway I still wake up at 5:45 a.m. to work out at the aerobics classes they have for the Sisters. I'm getting my miles in as well Debbie! It’s such a stress reliever and we literally sit in a classroom all day so we don't move and I can feel my muscles wasting away. But my brain is gone by the end of the day so I guess that means I am working hard. We study all the time and work on lessons for our "investigators".


A few stories I have are my companion, Sister Pielstick, from Florida, and I went to our first "real investigator" meeting. His name was George and we sat down and started getting to know him. He was really hard. Usually the people who volunteer are all about being the golden contact but not this guy. He was ready with his Bible to get all of his questions about Mormons answered... or not. I don't think he really cared. But he was like why do you worship Joseph Smith? Why do you practice polygamy? Why do you think that Jesus Christ and God are different people? My companion started looking up scriptures to prove why our side was right and inside I was dying because I knew that this was going nowhere and that we were failing. I sat there and then when a pause came I looked at "George" and said I may not know everything but I know that Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father are two different people, I told the Joseph Smith story and bore my testimony that I knew the gospel was true because I had received a witness myself. He stopped talking and the spirit was like BAM! Inside I was like "boo, ya nailed it" and then my companion says, “Yes, well in John something it says this so this proves that Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father are two separate people.” He said I want to talk to this Sister right now. And looked at me... oops oh well he felt the spirit I told him about the Book of Mormon and he invited us back. When we left I was really sad because we really did a bad job teaching but my companion was like it was a good thing I had that scripture in John or else he would never have started listening. Yeah that’s my companion. She is really nice but sometimes she really makes me laugh. It’s ok, we will all get it. My teacher was watching and said I did the right thing so I felt better after that.


Oh, another story: So Jenny Oaks Baker did our Sunday Devotional and Elder Oaks was there. Listening to her really made me want to play my violin but we are not allowed to play any instrument at the MTC. But after my District and I were walking back and Elder Oaks drove by and stopped the car and waved to us saying, "Hello Elders and Sisters!" I yelled back, "Hey! We are going to Temple Square. See you in a month!!" I don't think he heard me since he started driving off but our district leader put his suit jacket over his head and said, “I have never been more ashamed of my district than right now.” I rolled my eyes; I have no shame. What can I say? Oh tell Sister Larson thanks for the package. It was a life saver!!! Really I was so excited for everything in the package, the snacks especially since the food here is gross. I was hoping that my stomach and taste buds would become desensitized but nope, still bad. We all get really excited for meals and then get our food and have really depressing looks on our faces. It’s fine, though. We don't move around much so we don't need that much food.


Clarification: I am not district leader (I am not a guy) I am just senior companion so sorry. I am not that amazing enough to break through all of the priesthood rules.


My district is awesome, though. I know I said that last week but really we all get along so well. We eat our meals together and gym time we usually play volleyball or softball. There are only a total of 4 Sisters in my zone and there are 3 districts of 10. All of the Elders in our zone are going somewhere in the United states so they are leaving a week before us. The other Sisters and I will all be really sad to see them go, but that’s the mission, right?


Thanks for the sports update, I shared it with all the Elders and became the coolest Sister in the zone. It still takes a while for me to fall asleep at night but I guess that shouldn’t surprise me since I have always been that way. Anyway keep telling me everything that is going on. I love hearing news from the outside world. This bubble is cool and all but... yeah. Oh and there are so many rules. It’s crazy! Fist bumping the elders is not allowed. That’s probably the worst one. lol Yeah, but I am doing great, I love being a missionary and I really can't wait to get out to Temple Square and talk to everyone about the gospel and how they can be happy! I get that a lot from our "investigators." Wow you are happy or when I say this gospel makes me happy they all say, "I can see that". It’s busy and I try not to fall asleep in most of my classes BUT life goes on. Gotta go but love you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment