;D


Monday, July 26, 2010

July 23, 2010 MTC

Hey! So this last week has been busy but pretty uneventful I guess because all we do is sit in a classroom but that's ok because they give us an hour of gym time. I kinda base my days around breakfast, lunch, dinner and gym time. It helps the time go by faster and helps me stay awake. I don't know what it is here because I get more sleep than I did at school but I am so tired all day. We all do our best to keep each other awake. Well news: I am now the Coordinating Sister for my zone! That is basically like the zone leader for the Sisters. I just interview the senior companions once a week, make sure all the newbies (new missionaries) are doing well and teach them about life here in the MTC. I gave them a tour last night and it's amazing how much I have learned since I have been here. I remember looking at our last Coordinating Sister and thinking how amazing she was and that she knew so much about the MTC. But yeah, I am not that amazing and I really don't know that much but I guess I can fake it really well. Other than that I don't really have much to do, we didn't have any sisters come in this last week to our branch/zone but we will next week so I will play a bigger role.

Best news ever! They changed the Sister missionary clothing regulations!!! No more tights/nylons and as for skirts, as long as they cover the knee when you are sitting, they don't care. More details are coming from Salt Lake/the First Presidency on Sunday after Relief Society so I will know more then. Oh and I know it's only been 2 weeks but I am already tired of my clothes. I know, I know!!! I need to get over it but I bought the same type of shirt in different colors and I NEVER do that becuase I know that I will look the same everyday... so I look the same everyday. But whatever, when I get to Temple Square I will know what is allowed and what isn't. I got my travel itinerary yesterday. I leave by bus August 4th at 10 a.m. for Salt Lake City. Pretty exciting. Oh and I found out that my mission ends December 18, 2011 just fyi.

I try to exercise everyday. My whole zone calls me the "hard core Sister" because I go running when I get the chance. Whenever I walk by they are like, 'How far did you run today?" They even tried to race me around the track and many have asked if I will be their personal trainer after they get back from their missions. I guess I will have a job then!

So spiritual stories, my companion and I met with George again. I asked Dad how to address the Trinity which was really good because I studied up on it. When we met with him this week he brought it up again. But I didn't use any of the stuff Dad told me about. We talked a bit and I explained that they are one in purpose and he still looked unsatsified so I told him that we could go back and forth all day but the only way he would really know for himself was if he prayed. So that was good. The lesson went awesome after that... until the member who accompanied us started telling his story on faith. He is this really skinny black guy and went off about how he coulnd't have the priesthood and how hard it was on him. I was dying inside. My mind was screaming, "NOOOOOOOO! Please don't go there." I was praying like crazy because I didn't want to get into this topic but George didn't push it. But we committed him to come to church and he said that he would do one better and get baptized. Sweet. I didn't even have to ask him. But since we study all the time I am able to have random scriptures and paragraphs from Preach My Gospel pop into my head when I need them. It's really cool but I still have so much to learn before I leave! At least I know I am making progress. Anyway gotta run; times out and laundry's done but until next week! I'll fill you all in on my visitor center training.

Sister Karly Nelson

1 comment:

  1. You are sooo amazing!

    ps - I miss you! Keep up the good work Karly!

    ReplyDelete